One KX is located in what was once the Tonbridge Club. Founded as the City Mission of the Tonbridge School in 1882, in a hut on Judd Street in the Holy Cross, St. Pancras. The Club moved to the building we see today in the 1930's and boasted a gymnasium, theatre, canteen and squash court.
From its opening, until the late 1980's, the club was held in high regard by the local community and played a significant part in the lives of thousands of young people. An active and successful programme developed which even included boys' ballet! In the 1990's the Club closed and in 2001 Central YMCA were approached by the voluntary management committee to take over this 10,000 sq ft, five-storey building.http://www.onekx.org.uk/about-one-kx"