It's time for change! The Department for Transport has issued a consultation document on council parking.
The proposals include:
• a ban on the use of CCTV for parking enforcement,
• whether there should be statutory 'grace' periods,
• whether local communities and businesses should be given the right to require authorities to review aspects of their parking strategies including the level of parking charges,
• whether parking should be free for a time, and whether double yellow lines are appropriate and necessary at particular locations
• whether adjudicators should be able to have discretionary powers and clearer guidance when adjudicators can allow costs.
The DfT invites your views on current local authority parking strategies and on options they are considering to change the balance of how parking is enforced.
The consultation ends on 11.45pm on 14th February 2014.
Use this link to read the details, then scroll down to the ‘Ways to Respond’ section: